Go to sleep - aroma therapy

In the popular tv-series Criminal Minds, they always say, the strongest link to memory is scent!

So perhaps aroma therapy is worth a try.


And not only for sleep, however it is my main topic lately, but also for relaxation and general well being. 

Aroma therapy uses essential oils by:

Inhalation: The oils evaporate into the air by spray or using a diffuser (or a simple as dripping a couple of essential oil drops into boiling water) By perfumed candles etc.

Massage oils, bath oils and skin products can be used on skin - but never essential oils by itself. I prefer to breathe in the scent instead and have NO experience what so ever with the use of essential oils on skin.

I've decided, I'll try to get some candles for aroma therapy, if they're not too expensive.

Furthermore I'll look into some reed diffuser sticks with a couple of different scents. If they don't cost a fortune, perhaps I'll try one or two. 

Flowers and aromatic plants, like mint, lemon balm, lavendar, rosemary etc. must have a natural way of affecting the senses and give a similar effect. I'll have a look into that, and perhaps I should ask The Farmer for advice, before I spend money on less important stuff like plants. 
None the less I actually look forward to this experience. I've never tried aroma therapy before, perhaps cause I don't really believe in it. But I won't know for sure, before I try it out myself.
So when in town, I'll look for a store, where I can get a better idea of what I'm dealing with here.

Okay, I've done some research, and the first, that pops into my eyes, is prices.
1 bottle (5ml) costs between 7 and 50 Euro - which were the most "common" prices.
But then there must be "special" scents. You can even get 1 bottle (with only 1ml) for the special price of 210 Euro. Geez. 
Is it youth in a bottle or what?

I don't know... I'll try it somehow, but definitely not at those prices. I have poked "The Farmer", and she HAS a lot of ideas, so when she has time, she'll come to my assistance :-)

0 kommentarer: