Social anxiety and crowds

I surprised myself today. In a good way, I better add.

Normally crowds and I don't go very well together, so it was a bit of suspense, I attended my daughter's show at school today.
I want so much to follow their education, and I do as much, as I can. But it's not always without difficulties.

First there's the practical stuff, to get there in time for the shows. That's 02.15 hours drive both ways, so a total of 4 and a half hour. That's still a long drive for me.
I could take the train, but its unfortunately quite expensive. Well, the drive in itself is expensive, so I try to get us all together and split the expenses. It's do-able, but it's quite a challenge to get everybody together at the same time.

Therefore I can't go very often, so here's the second challenge: "my expectations sometimes gets so intense, that I can't sleep days ahead. And my time with my daughter suffers from my tiredness." What a way to bite your own ass, huh?

Now the obvious third problem... She studies music, and we always attend her shows if at all possible, and herein lies the third problem. The crowds.
A nightmare for people suffering from social phobia.
To my huge surprise, I managed to get thru it - and not only that. I actually got thru it without even the slightest fear.
Walking, pushing, waiting, getting stamped on my toes, getting my personal space invaded - and no reaction at all. Wow.

I wonder, what's the reason of that success(?)
Not because I waited for it or want it to be there or miss it...
No, I would like to know, what made the day a success. so I know what to do in the future.
While I dwell a bit about my successful day, and the wonderful experience, I'll have a needed rest and float on happiness for once.

0 kommentarer: