Off day - go away

One thing I love about 1st of January... Nobody does anything. 
And then I'm suddenly the most active of all! :-)

No, I enjoy this day feeling all the stress leaving the body.
And there's a lot of stress to drain, Christmas and New Year guests and visits is a true challenge for people like us.

I think a lot about spending Christmas or New Years alone, that must be so horrible  unless it's by choise. I'll write more about this problem another day. (See, I keep my New Years resolutions - I didn't say when. I write when I'm inspired)

And I thought a lot about the homeless in this cold winter. In good times I used to collect little packages for them, and I never pass them without giving something for a hot cup of coffee or lunch (4-5 Euro).  But this year I barely get by myself. I planned to get my first haircut in 3.5 years, but I chose to spend it on the children. So as you can imagine, I ha nothing to give away. But I didn't want to give nothing, at least a hug is free. It doesn't fill your stomach, but sometimes it's actually what we need the most.

I hope you all had a wonderful evening last night, and spend the first day of the new year on the sofa getting out batteries charged. :-)

0 kommentarer: