Off day - take a load off and relax

It's a bad day for me, seriously. The way up from the deep hole of depression,  anxiety and mental breakdown is not straight forward. Sometimes you loose your grip an slide downwards, so there's only one thing to do: keep working on beating this horrible disease.
Meanwhile I need a break sometimes, something to loosen up the senses. A total mental breakdown takes all your energy to fight, it turns into a big knot of soar muscles, so it's only natural, that the body needs a day off.
It's normally my senses that overloads. Too many impressions, confusion, noise, people talking, shimmering lights, and since I'm HSP also other people's feelings.
When I'm overloaded with emotions and impressions, I curl up in my safe spot, and I started to wonder...

How much we are like children, even though we are adults. But in some situations I actually am like a child with the basic needs.
Newborns needs:
- love, safety and protection; comfort
- warm and soft place
- lots of sleep
- (breastmilk) food and drink (fysical contact, love and protection)
- calm sounds (no AC/DC on high volume)
- known faces (mom and dad)
So practical all senses needs to be relaxed by being stimulated with positivity and calmness.
I've put together a list of my preferred ways to relax, what to watch, what to listen to...  Let's just say, that these list will be a constant work in progresz and I'll be adding to the list occasionally.

0 kommentarer: