I feel social phobia taking over

I need to get back to you on other "survival techniques" and jump right to social phobia and how I cope with that.
Cause I have that particular problem right this moment, and I know, if I do nothing, it'll just be downwards a slope, and fast!

SO, there's nothing else to do, than to get out there!!!

I disguise myself - not as obvious as the dog - but you get the picture...
For me its Cap, Sunglasses a big scarf - and I bring the dog, since I (in my sad little brain) convince myself, that people are looking at the qute dog.

So this is my technique to get out of the door, when I really don't feel I can. To disguise myself!

I think the SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder) / social phobia is more common, than we realize.

If you have a total mental breakdown or another disorder, which requires you to go to the mental hospital, it's very normal to see people "without a face". The look down, closed in, similar to the guy/girl on this picture.
It is quite serious, since it can control your life completely, if you don't get the upper hand. 
I lost my job and missed out on nice get togethers with family etc etc.

And the only thing I have found to help me here, is to do excactly what I really don't want to: "get out there".

So I put on my "disguise," take the dog, and I go to the forest or other places in nature to begin with. Most often at times of the day, when most people are working.

As I get better, I start to shop alone again and finally, after some time (it differs) I don't think about it anymore.
I hope you're all able to get out there.

0 kommentarer: