Living with anxiety 1 - Air

When I get anxiety attacks, or panic attacks, it feels like my tounge is growing, and my throat is getting smaller.
My heart starts pounding, while an elephant sits on my chest, preventing me from breathing.
Sometimes I rip off my close, so nothing is touching my neck or chest, cause even the smallest weight is suffocating me.
When I had surgery the first time, I had oxygen mask for 4 days. Then I also got the little plastic thing on the right side of the picture, to help me when I was coughing. 
I  found that it helped me, not just at the hospital, but to calm me during a panic attack.


You simply breathe thru the plastic thing, which has resistance, so you have to breathe slow and steady.
I got another one at the pharmacy, it has a lot more resistance so it's not as good for me, but still it works.
So on a good day I can recommend you go to the pharmacy and check out, what they have. Other wise a doctor must be able to help you.

0 kommentarer: