Living with anxiety 1 - Food & Drink

I'm going to focus on "living with anxiety".
With Maslows Pyramid if Needs in mind, I would try to live with it, so today I'll talk the basic need: food and drinks.
The whole time I've tried to escape anxiety, but instead of "running",  I try to "plan" what to do, when it hits.
"If you can't beat them, join them"
It's a disability, sure it is, but after giving up on medication, and the realization that I never will be totally "cured", I needed to try something to avoid yet another total mental breakdown. So I tried this, and it helped me a great deal.
Back to basic needs: Food and Drinks.


I made an anxiety storage of food and drink. It's most definitely not something I recommend anyone to eat every day, more something I can survive on, when I can't get out of the house.
My appetite is non existent,  when I'm really down. And the very thought of spending even 10 minutes in the kitchen is unbearable.
So to avoid draining my body of energy totally, I don't put anything in my mouth, that doesn't contain energy, minerals or electrolytes.
Also... Normally I do not under any circumstances recommend any kind of medication, however in this case I think it's okay to say, that one normal tablet of vitamins will benefit you, when your body is not co-operative.
So my anxiety kit of food contains different kinds of food and drinks, that can be stored for a long time. Better yet is little portions of homemade leftover food in the refrigerator, but we do not always have premade food on stock.
It gives me the feeling of a bit of security to have my little stock. But further more, it also  gives me a bit of feeling of control of the anxiety and not as usual the feeling, that anxiety controls me.

Anxiety food & drinks kit:

1 vitamin a day
Relaxation tea + honey (no coffee)
Soda (not coke)
Cocoa milk for cold chocolate
Cocoa powder for hot drinks
Lemonade
Juice
Etc.

Crackers
"Soup in a cup"
Canned soups
Canned meals
Dried pasta courses
Etc.

0 kommentarer: