Living with short time memory loss

With all the remedies we have in our household, it's easy to remember all tasks. Just put an alarm on the phone, and you're done. 

The biggest problem is to maintain focus on that task, and not to slip to work on another task.
It's annoying, stressful and you really have to just "let go and accept it" for as long, as it lasts.

Now, I suffer from PTSD from almost 10 years of extreme stress. Memory loss is a part of it.
To get better, I must live my life as stress free as possible. In the beginning I could no handle phone calls at all. My phone was on constant silent mode. I still have days, where I don't answer anyone, but the children and my mom.
As you can imagine, I'll go crazy if my phone is alarming me of yet another task each 15 minutes.
So I chose just to go with an old to do list. When I slip and forget my main task, I have learned to enjoy, that other stuff gets done instead. And then I start out with the same tasks after a break or next day, until it's finished (see Live on a fixed schedule)
I this world with our stressful schedules, we have all the electronics that us supposed to help us on daily basis. But with possibility of getting work done faster, the companies is expecting more and more. 

They go totally bananas, if they can't get you on the phone immediately. In 20 minutes I got 2 phone calls a 1 email blaming me not answering me the phone - even questioning that I was not doing my job.
Meanwhile my go leader was on vacation, so I was driving between plants and couldn't answer. Geez. To get an email and phone calls like that, was really annoying and stressing me out.
So no more alarmclocks or sound task lists for me! I have my fixed schedule, then I go by with acceptance...

0 kommentarer: