Go to sleep 5 - The bed

After Christmas I realized, that maybe lack of sleep its not only caused by mental illness or insomnia.

Some people can sleep anywhere!
Even leaning against a tree or resting on the floor in Frankfurt Airport!
I can't! 


Once I literally slept in a hangar with my husband, but I was a teenager back then, so it does not really reflect my situation as is.

Waterbed is my preferred bed

Also back in that time, I had a water mattress. That was simply brilliant.
The bed was always warm to get into, and laying there, with the water comforting me, felt like I got a big hug.
Unfortunately they are not "in style" or "trendy" anymore, so I can't get my hands on a new one.
The darn fashion industry simply has too much power! :-)

Your mattress should meet your needs

Of course it's important, that you feel comfortable in your bed  - that's a given.
Water mattress or not, there's still several options out there. (Box, foam, memory foam, and I'm sure a lot I haven't even heard of)

I know how it feels to lack the money to buy new stuff, but if it turns out you need a new bed, try to get creative instead of giving up.

If you don't feel comfortable in your bed there's actually more possible reasons to it, than just the bed. It can be the entire room (I'll take this up next time) the decorations of the room, the smell, the temperature....

Try to lay in your bed with closed eyes for half an hour, focusing on your comfort only. Not the smell in the room, not the decor, but just the mattress and how comfortable it is for you.
If it's okay, and not only suits your emotionally need of comfort AND also suits your body, to avoid any back pain or problems in the future - it's perfect. 
(Well focus on the sleep environment next time)

If not, we both know the solution to this problem: find a mattress that suit your needs.

New mattress

It doesn't have to be brand new, but if you buy a 2nd hand bed/mattress, make sure that it's not worn out and shaped like a bathtub.
No matter if you buy a new or a used mattress, lay in it for several minutes before you make a decision. 
I haven't heard of a mattress store that doesn't allow this, but if you do, walk away, that's no place to buy anything anyway.

So I suggest you go check your mattress out and well proceed with the sleep environment aka decor the next time.

Let's hope insomnia is resting for tonight, and Mr. Sandman pays us a visit at desired time. 
Take care :-)

0 kommentarer: