Go to sleep 1 - Medication

I haven't been able to sleep for a while now, so when my methods is not working for me, I change it to another. 

What options do I have(?)
Sleep medication seems to be a common choise, so let's get that discussion done as the first task, to get that out of our system. 

Actually medication for me is the last resort as a solution for sleeplessness (insomnia). But since many people use it, let's get that one out of our system now:
There's several types of medication, that can help you sleep.

Sleeping pills
Obviously!
However that doesn't work for me. Or we could say it works too well.
I don't feel, I totally wake up the next day, and sometimes I'm even more tired in the morning, than the night before.

Start to sleep - pills
I don't know what else to call it.
The explanation I got at the mental hospital was, that it's not a sleeping pill. (Cause first I refused to take it, I didn't want to feel sleepy next day)
The psychiatrist explained, that I could get one of theese instead. They would help me fall asleep, but after 30 minutes the effect would wear off. So I would be ready to close my eyes and rest right after I swallowed it.
That worked for me!
I felt nothing but rested the next day, which was a relief.
When I search for it now, I find that it is a sleeping pill, especially for insomnia. But no matter what the documents say, I know how it works for me.
I don't take them a lot. I rarely take them is more correct. I'm on sick leave, so I get by in any way I can without it. I only take it if I have to be absolutely sure to fall asleep to be ready for something important the next day (funeral, hospital, special days with the children or alike .)
If I take the medication each day, the effect will wear off, because my body gets used to get the medication.
And if that happens, I have nothing to help me there.

Get medication with sleep side effects
Normally it's not what we are looking for: medication with side effects.
But think about it.
Why not use the side effects in a way to gain something(?)
At a point I got 2 types of medication to treat depression and anxiety.
One of them: Mianserin (mianserinhydrochlorid) was an incredible help at the time. I'm too skinny and I can't sleep. I got Mianserin and BAM: 2 problems solved.
Leaving me with only one problem left: I had to clean up the kitchen in the morning.
The pills worked so well, I had no problem falling asleep. And I got hungry as a wolf  Combined i was a half sleeping zombie walking to the kitchen making a mountain of sandwiches. You can only try to imagine the mess.
For several months I had the perfect sleep, and I was finally a bit more "soft" around the corners. It was perfect.
But the side effects wore off, and I'm actually feeling worse now, than I was back then.
I think I was more positive back then, and a positive attitude has a great deal to say. I was also very young, naive and - when you think about it - mostly lucky, that I didn't know, what was yet to come.
I use meditation very rarely, I really prefer to go to sleep in a more natural way.

0 kommentarer: