Go to sleep 3 - Go Flying with Peter Pan

I'm sure "the wise men" would put this method into a box and label it dissociation, meditation or another -ion. 

In this case; does it really matter(?)

This has helped me sleep many times. Both with and without relaxation music, but I prefer the music on.

Now...

The method in short:

I lay on my back or stomach in the bed and imagine my body starts to get lighter, until it starts floating. I imagine myself as high or low above ground as I want to be, and I go flying to many different places.
The travel itself is an experience, looking down at everything beneath you. Looking at the landscape changing, the further you fly to your destination.
Often I don't even have a destination, I just fly slowly around the world, sometimes my destination is found depending on what I see beneath me;
  • Looking at dolphins swimming....
  • Diving under the water and swimming in the ocean with all the colourful saltwater fish...
  • Laying in a hamach under palm trees looking at the ocean and the ship's far away in the horizon...
Where do you wanna go?

It sounds simple, ofcourse it's not.
I can't make my whole body float at once. 
I have to start with a foot. Sometimes even a toe. And then let it "spread" from there. Sometimes I end up falling asleep even before, I have a lift off...

Also you have to be persistent. If your mind keeps interrupting with "this is silly"-thoughts, you might as well stop and change to another method. It will never work that day.
So let try this, let's go flying with Peter Pan :-)

0 kommentarer: