Escape AKA Pushing The Pause Button

I have been mentioning the term "to escape" a lot of times, but I have never really described it.
When I talk about escape, I talk about escaping form emotions.
In general I have a lot of options to do that:
Bury myself in work (I do that all day, and most often in the evening too)
Escape into another world like computer "gaming" - "second life", "runescape" or "world of warcraft." I also do that often.
To take more relaxing medication than described. I do that also sometimes. The last three days I have been doing it too much, and I really need to get that stopped.
To drink alcohol. I have done that also, mainly in the beginning of my mental breakdown. And that's a really bad idea, cause it also inflicts with medication etc., and it gives the worst "moral hangover".

I think everybody, who suffers from anxiety and panic attacks has tried a lot of different things to escape from it. Cause its really the worst experience, as I have tied to describe in an earlier post. I guess other people has tried and found other ways to escape. Some perhaps smokes hash, some do harder drugs - fortunately I personally don't have that desire.

The problem with escaping is, that the problems, that you try to escape from, will still be there afterwords. Escape is just like pushing the pause button to your life. It does not resolve the problems, its just a pause.

According to my Psychologist it is okay to "push the pause button" once in a while, and we should forgive ourselves for that, when we have done it. We are only humans, and anxiety can really be so hard to fight, that escaping from ourselves in one way or another seems to be the only alternative to suicide.

0 kommentarer: