Despite Of Anxiety I Got Out Of The House

I haven't been able to do much during my vacation. I have  a lot of plans, but I can't seem to find the energy or desire to make the work. I prefer to curl up in a corner of the sofa and sit under a big blanket, watch a movie, that I do not really follow - or escape into other places in computer games.
We went to my parents for a break from the surroundings at home. And it has been both good and less good to be there. Good because I don't have to worry about shopping, figuring out what to serve for dinner, cook etc.
Still the desire just to escape from the real world is there. I don't have the desire to be with other people or get out of the house. Noise is annoying me, I just prefer to be left alone.
However something should happen, and we decided to go to the movies. Well, the children and my mom decided, I just followed. As the time came closer to the moment, where we had to leave the house and get out into "the real world", I felt my anxiety building slowly but surely. I really had to force myself to think about it as a positive thing, instead of making my thoughts focus on excuses not to go.

When we finally got to the cinema, I got a rush of the feeling of missing my boyfriend. He should be there with us, like he always used to be. I missed him, but I managed to find my Psychologist tool: "remember what he did to you" - and then it was over.

We had a great evening. We were watching Gulliver's Travels btw, and had a lot of laughs. After the movie I felt better actually. Getting out, doing something, getting new input, that's really good for me. I know that, but its just a fight to do it each time.
But they say, that time heals all wounds - I know its true. I just wish it would go a little bit more fast!

0 kommentarer: