Looking ill does not help you

I'm going with my mom to the hospital. To do that, I manage with several tools, where one of them is to look my best (at least ok) before I leave.
I don't care about how other people dress.  This is one of my tools, pretending I don't feel like I feel.
I think you find the most outstanding actors in people with anxiety and depression. We live it each and every day.
But I'm going for my mom, and I'll be damned if I don't do my absolute best. And to have the confidence to do that, I need to look decent.
I have told you about my "fear" of showering, probably caused by me not wanting to feel cold at any time...
Well no matter my "fear of getting cold", I allways feel much better after a shower.
Especially if I take my time to do it, and do it all like cleansing my skin, cutting my nails and puts on makeup afterwards (if you normally like that.)
I have noticed that this definitely makes me feel better.
But it's a fight, especially now when the temperature outside is so low. My hair takes forever to dry, so I need a warm room, not to put on a raincoat an get even more wet and cold.
However this is definitely something I recommend. If you on the other hand hated the very sight of yourself in each mirror you pass, it's definitely not helping the mood.
When I go outside, I always make sure, I look presentable. As "the Farmer" says: "I don't do sick person."
I try to live by that saying of hers, because she is a real fighter. She refuses to let this disease win.
So do yourself a favour, get up and take a bath, feel the warm water comfort you.
Get dressed in normal clothes, no jogging suits, sweat pants, but normal everyday clothes, and get out there and fight it, if you in any way can.
I'm definitely not "doing sick person" in front of my mom if I can help it. So I'll do my best to look like I'm totally fine and she doesn't have to worry about me too.
Take care out there :-)

0 kommentarer: