Does anybody's dreams ever come true?

Sometimes it seems like my dreams never will come true. I've lived so long trying to meet every expectation from my husband, then the children, and now... Nothing.
A psychiatrist once asked me... What do YOU want? What are YOUR interests?
I thought a long time about that, and I didn't know!
Now I wish to move though. But I start to wonder, if that will ever happen before I die.

Maybe it's a sort of midlife crisis. Or like women being scared of not finding a partner before "her eggs expire."
I have no idea. It's not that I'm blaming anyone, it's just like an emptiness inside.
Like I have given up on my own dreams ever coming true.
And that's actually a pretty bad feeling. Cause those feelings can give birth to another thought: "why bother."
I get frustrated often, when I see commercials. Apparently we should all be millionaires and drive 3 fancy cars each, live in huge houses and buy diamond nametags for our dogs.
Advertisement can actually kill joy from all of us, cause it's only purpose is to leave us with the feeling of "wanting more."
As a result hereof, nobody is ever truly satisfied and happy with what they actually got.
And that's a feeling we could live without.
I don't wish to have a fancy car, fancy clothes or stuff like that. I just want to "go home."
Move back to the area of the country, where I originally come from, where there's no bad memories, only the warm calm feeling.
Ofcourse I wish for a job as well, to get better, to travel... But that's details, I don't need that. Need. Well you can't really say I need to move, but that's the one wish I have.
And now I feel like I'm giving up on that, and I find that a bit scary... What is a person without dreams? Lost?

0 kommentarer: