Emotional support dog (ESA)

Who doesnt want to come home to a little cuddely friend who is SO happy to see you, cause you are their center of the whole universe....

One huge mistake so made several years ago, was to get an alarm installed in my house. It prevented me from having a pet, and I felt SO scared and alone it's indescribable. 


A pet would definitely have helped me a lot, but to feel a bit safe, I got the alarm installed instead.
Okay in my situation, with an extreme violent ex boyfriend, I didn't feel safe without an alarm. If only I had moved back then... Well, we can't undo it, so let's move on.
A pet can really make you feel much better, and now I drag the dog everywhere I go, and he loves it. Furthermore he has an ability to feel, when something "bad" is going to happen.
When we are out training, sometimes he stops and refuses to move at all, and he wants me to stop and sit down besides him. 2 minutes after that, I'm sitting down with the dog at my side having a panic attack...
If we are in the garden, he tries to drag me into the house and in my safe spot.
When I'm out of the house and start to feel insecure, he comes close and touches my hand with his head. He wants me to cuddle him, he us like a teddy bear, he can make me feel safe again.
I have thousands of examples, and I had been wondering, if you could get a dog as emotionel support, the same way as if you were blind. I didn't really find anything, cause I didn't know the word for it, which made my search quite hard.
But yes there is such a "thing" as an emotional support dog (ESA: Emotional Support Animal).

I didn't know that before, but when I was shopping online for a coat for our dog, I bumped into it.
Try having a look at this video for information


My dog has not received any training, he just acts this way. And many people can have comfort enough "just" in having the animal with them.
But if you need to take your your support animal in other cases, you can get special training and get the ESA approval to take the animal with you in other situations.

I also suffer from SAD, and I dont like to talk to a lot of strangers. Then it can be a help to have a jacket for the dog, like "assistance dog" or "working dog, do not interact," and have a dog with the ESA registration.

I hope you find a way to bring your support animal with you, HUGS!

0 kommentarer: