Chat rooms

I have been asked about chatrooms, and I've also been recommended to make one for this site.

It's always great to get ideas from you all. I know that the wish to stay anonymous is important to many, so there's a lot if the current 18000+ readers I don't hear from.

It would also be too overwhelming.



First I find the idea of a chat room very good. In fact I got 2 great friends from such chat rooms. But that was back in time. 

Unfortunately chat rooms has also become a hunting area for predators, which only wish is to use you. They are sociopaths who will say and do anything, you would like to hear, to get you interested. In fact if they are very "skilled" they will even make you think, it's your own idea.
You are more than welcome to make your own search and send me recommendations to me, and I'll check out and share the links on this site.
When you are searching and trying out different places, be aware of lurkers, fake people, scammers etc.

I can easily get a friend to set up a chat room here in 2 hours, but I also feel a bit responsible for the readers and want to be sure, that the place I recommend is safest possible. After all, none of us are in the need of more problems.

I looked into the possibility of a chat room on Facebook, since that option seems more safe after Facebook's safety rules is more strict, than we can force it here.
We can ofcourse close the site for members only, but what about people who only wish to get information?
I for my part is very fed up with pages, that requires registration just to read it.

I'll think about a solution, until I find an option that satisfies my demands for the safety of the users. I'll discuss it with "the farmer", since she'll be the one coding it.
Thanks for the idea, I'll do my best to satisfy your wish. If being able to talk in the middle of the night can help just one person, that's what we do.

Until then, feel free to some up with ideas, that can help yourself and others. The more safe we feel, the better we feel.

0 kommentarer: