My Ex Boyfirend In My Childrens Oppinion

I have had several good talks with my children today :-)
We started talking about one of our neighbors, which we are afraid of. (I'll probably go into details another day)
The point is, that this talk lead to a talk about my ex boyfriend.
I was quite surprised about their opinions on him...

My little girl said: he never had time for us. He just used us. When my girl came to him with a problem on school work, my ex boyfriend never "had time." Her thought is, that he was just playing games, and that he had a site that he quickly flashed to, to prevent her from seeing that. She never felt, that he was there for her for real, and she feels, that he just used us to have a place, where he could play games. And then she mentioned, that he left and never even said goodbye!

I asked my big boy, how he felt about what my little girl said. He said, that he felt the same thing. But he also added, that he had noticed, that my ex boyfriend never made a real attempt to get into life here. He stopped language classes, he never applied for a job here. He was just sitting behind his computer doing "whatever" - and never really took a part of the family. Besides that, my boy also felt, that everything my  buy did, was wrong in my boyfriends opinion.

It was good to have that talk with my children.
As I told them: we (I) have to be more wise, when I choose my next boyfriend. And that is not going to happen in near future. My trust in men in general has been put to zero.

What is important about this, is we, the children and me, had this conversation. We are starting to feel like a family again - "a team."

0 kommentarer: