Cleaning Up After My Ex Boyfriend And Husband

I think a little about my never ending "to-do-list". I haven't made an actual list, cause it will just make me scared to look at it!
But I start to feel the need to clean up after my ex boyfriend and my ex husband. Get rid of the stuff, that does not really belong here anymore.

Stuff after my ex husband
We have a lot of stuff stored in the garage and the heating room, which was put there after the death of my ex husband. I can't demand him to clean it up of course, he has the perfect excuse!
However going through his stuff is more easy, since he has no need or wish to keep stuff anymore, therefore we don't have to worry about his opinion. Now its up to the children and me to decide, whether we feel something for the stuff, that he left behind, and would like to keep that for sentimental reasons.
The task is going to be difficult emotionally though, and I'm scared, that the children and me will be overwhelmed with sorrow, while doing the job.

Stuff after my ex boyfriend
This is more difficult in another way. After the way he left us, I don't believe, there will be a lot of sorrow attached to that. Especially not for the children. And for me, well, lets face the reality... He represented a dream of a husband, which he was never really wanted to be.
We have already started to remove pictures of him around the house, and replace it with pictures of the childrens father. I know for sure, that the childrens father loved us all for real - he was just too sick and not able to fight his alcoholism.
However - no matter what my ex boyfriend did to us - I find it difficult to throw away his stuff. I can't in any way know, what kind of stuff that means something for him emotionally, if anything at all. As I wrote in an earlier post, "what was actually important to my boyfriend(?)"
I have asked several times in mails, if there's special stuff, he would like to keep, but I get no answer.
I really don't want to throw away stuff, that means something to him - even after the horrible way he left me - I can't do that. On the other hand, we can't keep storing it forever. And I really have no belief, that he will come one day and transport it back to his own country.

What to do(?)
Well, I have planned to "arm" myself with my neighbor. Get the one garage, where some of my ex husbands stuff is stored, get the stuff in that garage sorted and cleaned out. She will be able to help me and the children through the sorrow, when it arrives.
That way the trailer will fit into the garage, and we will be able to load it little by little, with other stuff, that we want to throw away (without the stuff getting wet and heavy by rain.)


What I personally need to do:
Remember my Psychologist Tools: accept that I am sick. Not to make too many plans. Not to force myself.

0 kommentarer: