"Daily life" at the mental hospital

Right now I'm SO down, cause I wont see my little girl today - my mom's car has broken down! One of the worst things about being here is the sorrow of not being able to hug and kiss my children. Fortunately my big boy was here after school today (he studies in this town), so at least I have seen one familiar face today. I am able to manage to keep up a big smile while they are here, and also when they leave - but after the doors close behind them, I allow myself to let the tears come.

I don't really socialize with all the other patients.
I eat by my self at my room, and use my computer for watching movies, since I don't feel like sitting in the common rooms with the other patients.
The only time I exchange a word or two with the others, is when I go to the smoking room to have a cigarette. I guess they all think I'm a paranoid shut-in, but then again: most of the other patients are as well.

I have been working today, but also informed the main office, that I am at the hospital. I haven't told the main office, WHY I am at the hospital, and by law they don't have any right to know. I was very nervous and worried about making that phonecall though, cause even though they are not allowed to ask about my condition, it's of course a question that automatically pops out of a persons mouth, simply because people care about you.
My co-leader of course know that I'm here, and also why.

The doctors and nurses are not thrilled, to say the least, that I work from here. I should relax and follow the daily schedule. Attend morning "meetings", attend "morning gymnastics" (which lasts for 10 minutes!!!)
Thank you very much, but I do my own sport in the work out room, when there's no other patients there - and it does not only last 10 minutes. 
They also want me to attend the activities in the mental hospital environment.
The activity for today was to bake a bread! My God, tomorrow it's perhaps finger painting or something else ridiculous.

Well, I will tell you more another day. The doctor has just been here and asked me to make a sort of Psychological Curriculum Vitae....

0 kommentarer: