Sex Anxiety and Depression

Anxiety and depression travels close amongst each other, most often followed by low self esteem.

I've been in such a black hole, that I thought I didn't deserve to be loved or even get a hug from anybody.


This is a bad spiral, especially cause sex can really be "healing" for you, since orgasms releases a huge amount of the so-called "love hormon" Oxytocin.
Some even claim, that it's as effective as medication.

Now my partner and I haven't had real sex for almost 2 maybe 3 years, but I've also been a great deal at the Hospital and after surgery in the stomach, I simply couldn't, I was in too much pain.

I'm having a quite good day, so good in fact, that I asked my love to go with me to a sex shop, to give our sex life a kickstarter. I wanted a romantic game, anything to help us over this bump on the road.
Equipped with a lot of lack of confidence for this task (I have to say, I've never been in such a place), I had to resort to acting.
There's no better actor, than a depressed person! We fool people each and every day: "we're fine".
So I stepped into the shop in the mall and started looking. I was delighted to find some board games, cause the other stuff is not really me. (No judgement intended, it's just to tell you how I felt in the store)

A bit confused with all the equipment hanging on the walls, I was quite overwhelmed and felt my vision started to blur. So I went to the desk and explained  the situation in short. Asked if she had any suggestions at all. And yes, she had.
I found myself talking about board games and toys with a stranger.

She found yet another game, more to my liking. My hubby agrees. It's more focused on romance, that the sexual act itself.
Now I've been to my first sex shop, in my own city. Geez, who would have thought that, it's a dare to me. But I did it, I did something positive about our sex problem. I'm actually quite proud of that, I'd never thought it possible.
And even without a bit of embarrassment... Hmm, maybe a tiny dash of that too.

We haven't tried to play the game yet. We take the buy as a kind of foreplay for now, no rush, that's distant to fail.
But I'll let you know if the game works out for us and is worth to recommend.

I'll also get back to a lot of other details in this regard, that I've found, works for me. Perhaps it could help you and your partner too.

0 kommentarer: