Drowning

Every time I see someone writing about bad stuff happening to them, I see a lot of
- "I'll pray for you"
- "God will help you out"

You know what? We are NOT alone on this planet, God is not supposed to handle each and every thing for us.

Why don't we all step up for once and ask ourselves: what can I PERSONALLY do to help?

Emotionally God can help you a great deal, best wishes  prayers and understanding from others as well.

But practically, I'm sorry to say, sending prayers in that situation is like saying "yeah, well sorry to hear it, but I don't care enough to help you out."

You probably know the story about the drowning man: (from storiesforpreaching.com)
It has a totally different point, but works well here in my honest opinion too, so here's a very short version.

A very religious man was once caught in rising floodwaters. He climbed onto the roof of his house and trusted God to rescue him.
All this time the floodwaters continued to rise, until soon they reached above the roof and the religious man drowned. When he arrived at heaven he demanded an audience with God. Ushered into God’s throne room he said,
“Lord, why am I here in heaven? I prayed for you to save me, I trusted you to save me from that flood.”
“Yes you did my child” replied the Lord. “And I sent you a canoe, a boat and a helicopter. But you never got in.”

God SENDS people, people with heart enough to care, so tell me;
How is God supposed to act, when WE can't be bothered to send a canoe, a boat or a helicopter?

0 kommentarer: