"Cutting" on social media!


I feel a need to speak up about this, since selfharm apparently has become a new form of sick competition.

You should know, that people who are really suffering from "cutting" (the urge to do damages to own body) they do not publish it on social media. They do it secretly, so that nobody knows.
People showing off picture by picture of cuts, are not "cutters."

I have been cutiing at one point. Noone knew, until the day I found myself doing something stupid once again. Then I wrote ONE post about it, it was very hard to write, and I had decided to stop it as the first important fight, cause it is NOT a way to persue - and I haven't done it since then.

People that do harm for real (and not for attention) would never ever post this on social media.
People who post pictures of their cuts, they have a sick need of attention.
I really don't know what to call them.
Sick yes, embarrassingly desperate for attention - more like it.
I had to research for this one, but yes it has a name:
Histrionic Personality Disorder (HPD) excessive attention-seeking emotions (and approval of other.)
I'm sorry to say, that I have absolutely NO sympathy for people, who make posts like that (and dare other people to do the same) 

I know they are sick, they must be! But my sympathy they will never get, cause they are contagious in the way they urge other people to do the same.

These attention seeking people are in fact sick, even though we might find them destructive of others.
Because they are destructive of others in their desperate need of attention and drama, others feel the need to keep a distance.

I can't personally separate myself from the fact, that posting shit like that on social media, creating an online society where this is "normal," daring other people to do the same etc etc are highly contagious, especially young people.
What about group pressure? What if an ubsecure teenager just want to belong to a group, and it turns out to get worse and worse?
These so much moral, that's goes against mine, so I'm sorry.
I'm truly ashamed that I can't relate to you, I'm sorry that I don't feel bad for your situation. But I hope for your sake, it is not my son or daughter you urge to get into stuff like that, because if so, I promise, I will kill you myself!

If you are posting pictures like the above mentioned, the best thing you can do, is to call your doctor immidiately.
After that, please call "an internet cleaner" to get rid off as much of the shit you have posted previously - as soon and as thorough possible. I know "once it's out there, it's out" - well yes. But the least you can do is to get rid off the pages, you control.

Other than that, I have no advice to offer, I have no experience with this disorder.

0 kommentarer: