Too smart to be mentally ill


"You sound to eloquent to be able to get a early retirement."
Huh?

What is that in fact supposed to mean?
Are you stupid and incapable to do anything, when you are mentally ill?
Or do I need to be stupid to have mental problems?
If you are smart, you don't get mental health issues?
What does it mean, what lies beneath those words?
.
I've met people, who could not operate a hammer, without mental problems.
I've met millionaires, that have severe mental problems - all well educated and definitely smart.
And all in between...

Mental problems, sickness, syndromes disorders - none of them are related in any way to any specific social groups in society.
It doesn't matter if you're rich, poor, old, young, stupid or smart.

So what if I sound eloquent?
I have a good day with lots of sleep. I can pretend and act better than the best actors; I have been faking to be happy for 25 years in real life - not just on a screen!
BUT see you in 3-5 days, when I haven't slept at all - then tell me what you think - and afterwards remember, that I'm the same person!

Sometimes we're simply not only fighting our own battles and fighting on daily basis to beat anxiety and do simple tasks.
We're also fighting society and - I'm sorry - stupid people, who says such things to our face each day.

0 kommentarer: