I have been moved to the depression deparment :-)

Photo by: JoshSemans

Finally they got open spaces at the depression department of the mental hospital. Both me and my friend have been standing by all day to be moved, and now we are finally in an environment of peace and quiet.

The "excitement" in the other part of the mental hospital was hand able, however there was fights in the hallway during the night, so I haven't slept much.
During lunch, the screaming girl got an epileptic episode, she simply fell of her chair and went into cramps on the floor. There was only one nurse nearby, so since I was close to the door I shouted out in the hallway, that we needed some help in the dining area. Fortunately, there's a sofa/tv section in the dining area, with pillows, that we could put around her head, since her head was hitting the radiator for each cramp her body took.
God, what a day.

I had planned to go shopping for some little gifts for the children, after I was moved...
However since there was so much "activity", we had to "stand by" to be moved - the time frame they set up for us, didn't fit into the day.
My friend was moved first, so he fortunately got spared for the excitement at lunch.

Now we finally got a nice dinner in an calm environment, where people seem to be more "normal". That's progress for me: to sit and eat with other people. I really had to rehearse that after my boyfriend/fiance left me - but now I seem able to do it without having the tears running down my face.
After dinner we went out smoking a cigarette, and its so nice to feel just a little close to another person. Sometimes we talk a lot, we agree on most things - other times we just sit and relax. No words needs to be exchanged...

There's both a normal and a electronic piano here. I have asked the staff for a headset to the electronic piano, and if they manage to find one, I will try to start playing the piano regularly for the first time in a long time. I take that as a good sign, that I even have the desire to try.

In the evening, I have a "date" - well, the closest thing that comes to a date, when you are committed to the mental hospital - a date in Second Life. Its ridiculous, I know, pathetic even - but I don't care. He is nice with me, I enjoy his company, and that's all I can ask for now.

Well, the piano is calling, I hope I haven't forgot as much, as I think I have.

0 kommentarer: