Third Visit to the Psy - remember your condition!

My third visit to the Psychologist started with me being totally stressed out - even before the meeting.
A little something like car trouble made me stress out so badly, that I was shaking all over. I got there in time, but I was shaking all over my body.

It took some time to get me to relaxed, and I didn't feel the connection with the Psychologist in the beginning at the session, as I used to. I guess all my "defenses" got in position and closed me down for some time.

My Psychologist however, was able to work me through that (of course). So I guess after 15 minutes of the 1 hour session, he was able to get me into the place, where we could "work."

I told him about the research, that I had been doing. That I found a lot of similarities between my ex boyfriend and the description of a psycopath. He didn't seem surprised at all. We talked a lot about the fact, that I should look "out" for answers - I should not consider myself the reason of the problem.
And again he underlined, that "I am not a bad person."

Then we talked about the fact, that I feel lazy. I can't find the energy to do anything. Even little tasks as emptying the dishwasher or doing the laundry, feels overwhelming.

My Psy told me to remember my condition. When I feel, that I am lazy, its not because I'm lazy. I'm sick. He asked me to remember, that I see him every week, I get several kinds of medication, which is followed by my personal doctor and the district psychiatry.
What would I do, if I had a broken leg(?) Or the influenza(?) Rhetorical question! I would lay down and relax. And that is what he wants me to do now.
Relax. Remember my condition, and accept, that I am sick.
Its remarkable, that I under the circumstances is able to do my job and take care of the children. He was impressed, that I was able to do that. But he warned me not to push it.
Slow down, don't demand anything of yourself. And accept all the help from others, that I can get!
Remember your condition: you are sick!

0 kommentarer: